Sell or Trade FAQ's
We provide two payment options: store credit or Paypal for cash.
Yes. We'll email you a shipping label during the process. Just print out the label, attach it your packaged up rod or reel, and drop it off at your local post office.
Please note we don't provide prepaid labels when you submit three or more rods. Prepaid labels are based on specific box sizes and weights. We know from experience that nearly every 4-piece fly rod weighs less than 5 pounds packed with even the most dense and heavy protection and typically fits in a 40 x 5 x 5 box. When someone wants to ship us more than 3 rods, we can't be sure of the box size you may use to ship rods to us. So we estimate the weight and some cost of the shipment and provide a credit in our offer for you.
Yes, we insure your rod for the offer amount we sent you. If your gear is lost or damaged during shipment, Outfishers will reimburse you for the insured amount and handle communications with the carrier to settle the insurance claim.
All gear is shipped to a secured UPS store location in St. Louis where we can be assured that your gear is received and signed for by UPS.
Most United States Post Offices have boxes or sturdy poster tubes you can purchase that will fit your rod. Do NOT ship the rod tube without a box.
1. Place the rod pieces in their sleeve and the sleeve in the rod tube.
2. Wrap the rod tube with bubble wrap or paper to protect it. Be sure to provide bubble wrap or paper several inches beyond the end of the rod tube to protect the ends.
3. Place the protected rod tube in your box and fill any space voids with bubble wrap or paper.
4. Seal the box with packaging tape.
5. Test that the rod is secured tightly in the box by shaking the box lightly. If the rod tube doesn't hit the box walls internally when shaken, you are ready to ship.
We typically process, inspect and fund your store credit or paypal account within 24 hours of receiving your gear.
No we do not barter. We only facilitate trade-in transactions through the store credit or paypal payments process.
No, our offers are the best offer we can make and non-negotiable.
Your store credit has no expiration date.
30 days from the day you receive your offer via email.
We monitor a variety of secondary-market sources and feed that collected data into a proprietary algorithm to set our offer prices.
Once we receive the rod and fund your store credit, the rod may be listed on Outfishers for anyone to purchase.